Thursday, March 28, 2013

3/28/13 Good day

What a great day beyond the muck of my brain. Woke up in a close and lovely friend's home to have her home to myself in Pacific Beach. I had full access to Netflix and proceeded to watch a film on street art. I ate some grapes, drank coffee, and looked through a book about traveling in New York City. Then I was inspired and used her straightener and makeup and did myself all purty. I also wore my friend's clothes that were much more fabulous than how I usually dress. I felt beautiful.

Then I went to the bay by her house and sat, thank, and took photos of myself. I took in the air and water.

Then I walked about 2 miles to Mission Beach. I went and sat in the sand for a little while, pulling my shirt down to tan my shoulders. It was such a beautiful day. I love feeling the heat of the sun. It is like a drug and provides me so much internal and external warmth and energy.

Then I walked back to Pacific Beach and went into a shoe store. I got five pairs of shoes for teaching - really scoring.

Then I went to Buffalo Exchange. I literally said out loud when I got there, "Uh. I don't want to shop right now!" I was complaining about the privilege and gift of shopping. Well, I got an even greater gift inside that has never happened to me when trying on 9 articles of clothing - they all ended up fitting and working! I got them all! To know something about me, I struggle getting new clothes and shoes. I am picky and things just don't tend to fit right. It was wonderful.

Then I went into Fred's Mexican Cafe and talked to my kind waiter for about 7 minutes to figure out how we can make their veggie burrito vegan (the rice were cooked in chicken broth, etc). It was also happy hour so in the meantime it was being prepared, I had myself a blended House margarita as I sat looking through the window towards the road. I was skimming more through my friend's book on New York. My phone was also dying so I had to figure out a way to get home.

My burrito came out and I happily ate my custom-made meal. I talked on the phone with my lovely friend who hosted me so kindly, and she gave me great advice that pushed me forward - pushed me forward just to be happy. It was a moment for me, and I have been happier 7 hours since that conversation and life already has a whole new glow. I just have to keep it up.

It's been a great day because I took time to be in nature, ease my mind, take in the sun, buy things for myself I will need for my interview, summer of training, and once I'm a teacher. I'm also happier now and feeling more liberated and in connection with my friends. Spent a bit today reconnecting with wonderful souls I am blessed to know. They filled me with love, support, kind words, and happiness.

Life is good.

~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment