Thursday, March 21, 2013

awesome.. haha

1. Be your own hero.

You don't need another person to come and rescue you. You don't need a job title, a new place, a new career or a relationship to define you or make you feel worthy. You are the only one who can pronounce yourself worthy or unworthy, so don't give your power away to someone else. You are perfect just the way you are; own that and be your own hero.

2. Know what you need, not what you want.

Before my dating detox, I thought I wanted to be in a committed relationship, but I what I needed was self-love and self-acceptance. If I only focused on what I wanted, I thought I'd be happy when I got it, but I neglected my true needs and got hurt time and time again. It wasn't until I took time off from dating that I realized what I needed in every situation was to feel self-love and compassion. If we focus on our needs, our desires fall naturally into place.

3. You alone are enough.

Maya Angelou said, "You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody." When I was in a relationship, I worked so hard to prove my love. I would overextend myself because I feared losing the love of the person I was with. Through my love sabbatical, I recognized that I am enough just as I am. I don't have to try to be someone else to get people to like me, or to keep someone in love with me.

If you feel uncomfortable around a loved one, ask yourself if you are allowing him to make you feel unworthy. Be yourself fully, and you'll find the love you so desire.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-8174/3-lessons-i-learned-from-a-year-of-celibacy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment