Tuesday, January 22, 2013

COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET TODAY ABOUT...

Being an introvert. I thought I was an extrovert, but once I got out of a house living with friends (after three years). After cutting down from social outings and involvements, and after spending so much time with myself, I realized what brought me joy. I realized who I am. And though no one is 100% one or the other, I am certainly more of an introvert- with social skills. I love spending time alone. I love being with myself. I love reflecting. I love being away from social distortions of my true self. I love building myself up and being true to myself. And though I am now still in the strengthening process, I enjoy hanging out with selective friends who make me want to be better; who support me in who I am; who make me feel great; and whom I have an equal exchange of friendship with. I am happy alone. I am happy with friends so close who do not pull me from myself, but who are such a part of me so that when I'm with them, we are with ourselves at the same time. I am learning to embrace all the parts of me. Currently, the part that is introverted- that is true to my personality.

Embracing and loving myself



No comments:

Post a Comment