Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Own Loving Your Life

Own Loving Your Life

1. Make a Joy List. I do this in many of my yoga classes and ask my students to post it somewhere where they can see it.
2. Create mantras for yourself. We do this in my yoga class, as well. Create a phrase or a word and repeat it as often as needed to replace another mantra that no longer serves you, such as “My life sucks” “I am fat” “I am broke,” etc.
3. Laugh when you fall. It is my rule in my class, but start to apply it to real life as often as you can. Develop a sense of humor. Especially about yourself.
4. Be kind.
5. Be grateful for what you have right now AND for what is on it’s way. Say “thank you” in advance.
6. Forgive yourself for not being perfect. No such thing. As my client’s son Will says, “Mom, why isn’t the word perfect extinct since it does not exist?”
7. Do yoga. On and/or off the mat.
8. Find things to be in awe of.
9. Sing out loud, even if badly. Feel free to come to one of my karaoke yoga classes (that was what I was on Good Morning America for).
10. Write poems, even if only in your head.
11. Dance.
12. If you don’t have anything nice to say, you know the deal.
13. Tell someone that you love them. Yes, right now.
14. Take more pictures.
15. Watch Modern Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment