Wednesday, September 5, 2012

25 Things I Am Still Learning
By Silvia Mordini

As an enthusiastic student of life I continue to challenge myself to embrace curiosity and delight in what an honor it is to keep learning. Here is my list of 25 Things I am Still Learning.

Love is the answer
Truth heals, but it might hurt at first
Collaboration through community expands compassion
Making time for myself is worth the investment
Saying yes stokes possibility
Assume the best
Take fun seriously
Comparison breeds envy and jealousy
Forgiveness is irrational; do it anyway
It’s important to make new friends
It’s important to keep old friends
I will never understand everything
Mistakes are necessary stepping stones
Over trying doesn’t help
Stop making things worse
Hugging makes human beings calmer
Trust myself
Keep learning how to receive
Staying creative and inspired takes effort
Worry wastes energy: Nothing is as bad as it seems
Take time to digest my food
Make time to digest my thoughts (meditate)
Others’ opinions don’t matter as much as my own
Travel: Investing in experience makes you rich
Keep my media diet lean: delete, simplify, unplug

The truth is, we should all aspire to seek out greater knowledge. Using these 25 small daily tune-ups, can help to recalibrate your mind and serve as a means to live in harmony with our families, friends and communities. We are still learning for the benefit of all mankind. This is something Michelangelo understood well. Love yourself, love your day, love your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment