Friday, September 7, 2012

9.7.12 Conversation with Mama

Reflective
Reflection
And here I am again on you
But conversations and thoughts are turning
And it's not "you" on my mind
How amazing adaptation is
Resilience
The ability to cope
The human mind is truly incredible

Compassion abounds
But leaves some untouched
The ones who need it most
And selfishness is my least favorite feeling
It feels like it eats at my heart
And if I truly:
Listened
Observed
Felt
And acted in tune with my conscience,
I wouldn't have cut you so deep,
Forgotten you so much,
Made you feel unappreciated,
Unloved,
Uncared for
When you are the one who brought me to life

I am sorry, Mother.
I will love you better.
I will love you.
Thank you for being unconditional.
Excuse my conditions.
I feel pain for my failures to care for you properly
To extend my hand
To take your hand that has grown cobwebs
They will be no more
I will clean the mistakes that I've made
And move forward to be the daughter that makes you proud
The daughter that you feel peace with
The daughter that you love and are loved by.

No comments:

Post a Comment