Friday, March 25, 2011

Cool organizations

so I was thinking how I hear about so many cool organizations. I think I'll start compiling them here so I won't lose track and spread awareness to anyone who reads.

Take One:
--

The Amir Project

Building an environmentally conscious and socially just future

Heart gardenPeace gardenMud bucket
Our Goal is to create a cultural movement, starting with youth, that is dedicated toward serving those in need and building an environmentally sustainable future.

Our Mission One of Amir’s educational goals is to teach children that environmental sustainability is in itself a social justice issue; if they overuse resources, they are directly affecting others



What I like: Amir Project connects environmental sustainability with social justice. By overusing resources, they teach we affect others. Not only is this important for children to learn, I also believe in the incredible power of gardening as an activity for conflict resolution.



No comments:

Post a Comment