Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Break Free written by David Abramson

A reflection on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
``

No I can't sleep tonight because the fire's burning deep inside

All there is is the beautiful light and the spirit as my guide

I feel alive as I can be, I heard the whisper from the trees...it said:

Break free from the cycle of violence

Anger and hate ideology

Lift the veil from ignorance

And rule equality!

Oversimplified labels divide us more

We must deconstruct to settle the score

Israelis, Palestinians, the left and the right

At the core we are the same, let's stop the fight!

So much history of genocide

Holocaust, and murder in the night

Bombs on man, his kids and wife

How much longer must we continue the strife?

Unite for truth and justice

Equality and rights

Because we all just want to live

And feel love at the end of the night!

2 comments: