Monday, August 26, 2013

Big Mistake.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery."
~James Joyce

So, this past week I made a mess. I made a pretty big mistake. And, initially I started beating myself up. Berating myself... Yes, I'm human too. And, after I allowed myself to sit in the muck and really feel shitty for a bit, I brushed myself off and looked at all the amazing lessons I learned. In fact, if I hadn't made such a mess NOW, there's a chance I would have made an even bigger mess down the road... So, I'm choosing to be grateful. To be thankful for the learning, the discovery. It's a refreshing shift... and feels a hell-of-a lot better than beating myself up. Afterall, pencils have erasers for a reason. We all make a mess from time to time. You clean it up. Handle yourself with grace. And, learn your lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment