Friday, February 11, 2011

This Day in History: Mubarak Steps Down

Today I woke up to a breaking news text message from the Washington Post saying,

"Egyptian state TV reports President Hosni Mubarak has left Cairo. His destination is unknown."
-received at 6:48 am

The text message really woke me up so I ran to turn on the news and of course open up facebook.

The news then declared, "MUBARAK STEPS DOWN," power cedes to military.


Wow, what a time in history. This is truly a victory for the Egyptian people, but it remains unclear where the country will go from here. Part of me is celebrating in joy with the people of Egypt, part of me is truly concerned for the country and what the new leadership will mean for the world, Israel included and especially. We shall see how history goes. May there be true democracy and may the people know peace.

Long live the revolution for justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment